Curtain-up! We’re off to the theatre. 100 years of Wiesner-Hager furntiture
Wiesner-Hager soon recovered after the Second World War. The prevailing mood of optimism was driven by demand. Moreover, the 1950s ushered in a great period of prestigious cultural projects: Many renowned cultural sites, such as the Vienna State Opera, the Burgtheater or, a little later, the Brucknerhaus in Linz, were fitted out with chairs from Wiesner-Hager. The company also maintained a long-standing connection with the Salzburg Festspielhaus. Built by Professor Clemens Holzmeister, the old Festspielhaus featured a large auditorium which had already been fitted out with 1,200 chairs by 1935. High levels of quality and long-standing expertise in furnishing projects ensured that the new Festspielhaus was completed in cooperation with Wiesner-Hager at the end of the 1950s. Even today, audiences in the Salzburg Festspielhaus still sit on the original chairs from 1960.
Helga Rabl-Stadler, President of the Salzburg Festival.